Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Restaurant Review - Indijoe, Old Madras Road

I have frequented this place several times owing to it's proximity to my house as well as my first office in Bagmane Tech Park. I had promised my young relatives a yummy beef steak dinner and decided to visit Indijoe in RMZ Infinity. Our past experiences taught us that it is almost impossible to finish one full steak if we have starters and soup before that. So with a lot of effort I checked myself from ordering any of the highly-enticing starters. We just ordered some beers, whiskey and mojito and plunged straight into the main course. 

Chicken SatelliteSteak Shaslik.. steaming hottt

Jack Daniel's Double Barrel.. steaming hot!!
We were four of us and ordered three steaks (all beef), Pepper Steak (with cheese), Jack Daniel's Double Barrel (which also has chicken) and Steak Shaslik and one Chicken Satellite. All the steaks were served as sizzlers with a good quantity of boiled vegetables. Double Barrel had mashed potato while the others had french fries. Pepper Steak and Chicken Satellite were topped with a generous helping of cheese. The waiter had mentioned Chicken Satellite to be a little bland but that is how I like my sizzlers and I found it perfect. All the dishes were lip-smacking and fork-licking good! We struggled to finish our respective dishes but succeeded nevertheless.

Retro ambiance
Sorry for going straight to the food, it's so good I just had to! The ambiance is very retro with movie posters and pictures on the walls and the table mat, a collage of Hollywood movies from 1940s to 1980s and there was accompanying music to go with the theme. Service was good and the waiters were courteous and shared the required information and suggestion. The total bill came up to around Rs. 3600, which is close to Rs. 900 per person. It is a great place to come with friends, family or colleagues, for lunch, dinner or just a couple of drinks.

Satisfied n full after a sumptuous steak dinner
Ambiance - 8/10
Staff - 8/10
Food quality - 8/10
VFM - 6/10
Overall - 7.5/10

P.S. - They have a nice VFM weekday lunch buffet which is perfect for a team lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment